- Groups of Dolmen Site in Hyosan-ri and Daeshin-ri, Hwasun
- Designation No. : Historical site No. 410 (1998. 9. 17)
- Size :Whole area of the Dolmen (663,000 pyung)
- Production year : Bronze Age
- Management agent : National government agencies
- Whole area of the Dolmen, Hyosan-ri and Daeshin-ri, Chunyang-myeon, Hwasun-gun, Jeollanam-do
The Hwasun Dolmen Sites distributes whole area of both valleys of hills connecting Hyosan-ri of Dogok-myeon with Daeshin-ri of Chunyang-myeon.
A mountain pass runs in the valley and that pass has played a role of traffic road from old times and the groups of dolmens are distributed along the foot of the eastern mountain of the valley as well as the flatland in front of and inside of villages.
The dolmen of Daeshin-ri, Chunyang-myeon is located between 65meters and 125 meters above the sea level and Hyosan-ri of Dogok-myeon is located between 45 meters and 90 meters above the sea level and its comparative heights of them is 60 meters above the sea level and 45 meters above the sea level, respectively.
Total number of dolmen distributing in the whole area of Hyosan-ri, Dogok-myeon, Hwasun-gun are estimated to be 152 out of total 980 stone units including 20 units the lower parts of which are exposed and 115 units which look like the form of the top. And, more than 100 units of stones show the shape of the top stone out of those the upper sides of whose top are buried or collapsed. It is estimated that the number of dolmen in Hyosan-ri including genuine dolmen and the stones which were quarried might have been more than 250 units.